Welcome to The Post Game, a podcast about the game after the game. On each episode, Kent State standout and the host of the program, Trevor Huffman, speaks with a former pro athlete about life after sports, transitioning to new careers and the stories of what happens after the lights go out. This week, Trevor speaks with former NFLer Beasley Reece Jr.
Reece Jr. joins the program to discuss what it was like playing with the Roger Staubach Cowboys, working under the tutelage of Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick, his long and storied career in broadcasting, his friendship with fellow NFL alumni Lawrence Taylor, and providing support to veterans through his work as the CEO of NFL Alumni.
More information on the NFL Alumni organization can be found here.
Additional Reading on Beasley Reece:
- Signature Athletica to provide regenerative medicine to NFL alumni. Cubs HQ.
- Ex-Giant Beasley Reece to serve as NFL Alumni CEO. ROI NJ.
- Former Giants DB Beasley Reece a real pro in front of the camera. New York Daily News.
- LT is the GOAT (but you already knew that). Big Blue View.
- Athlete Pensions, and the Time It Takes to Earn Them. Grandstand Central.
- Why is the NFL so far behind the NBA on social issues? Grandstand Central.
- What sport would 2018 Bo Jackson Play? Grandstand Central
Additional Episodes of “The Post Game” Podcast:
- Pat Hentgen on the Steroid Era and the Hall Question
- Brian Windhorst on Kent State and His First Gig
- Damon Stoudamire on the Jailblazers Era
- Troy Brown on Tom Brady, Bill Parcells, and Being Cut
- Brian Bickell on Battling MS
- Clint Malarchuk on His Infamous Injury and His Suicide Attempt
- Ben Curtis on Finally Saying Goodbye to Golf
- Nick Lowery on Going From the Chiefs to the White House
- Julie Heldman on Billie Jean King and Bipolar Disorder
- Brent Sopel on Taking the Cup to Pride and Battling Dyslexia
- Georges Laraque on Veganism and Entrepreneurship
- Todd Stottlemyre on His Dad and the Windbreaker Slide