On the latest episode of the Post Game podcast, host Trevor Huffman is joined by two-time Stanley Cup Champion Bryan Bickell and his wife Amanda, to speak about life after hockey, and Bryan’s battle with multiple sclerosis.
Over the course of the interview, Bryan and Amanda also discuss how Bryan tore his MCL and stole a knee brace from Marian Hossa to keep playing in the playoffs, how difficult it is to keep friends after your hockey career is over, what it was like spending his summers as a co-op student cleaning out the Senators locker room to playing with those same guys, what it felt like to win a Cup, how difficult it was to win a second one, the challenges of balancing a relationship with being a pro athlete, and his post-playing days obsession with fishing.
- Bickell taking life with MS one day at a time - NHL.com.
- Boston Marathon: Two-time Cup winner Bryan Bickell to share MS story.
- The day everything changed for Bryan Bickell - TheHockeyNews.
- Grinder - The Players’ Tribune
- Former Blackhawk finding purpose after hockey career
- MS Awareness Effort Features Former NHL Player
- Theo Fleury On How Depression Ended His Career
Additional Episodes of “The Post Game” Podcast:
- Pat Hentgen on the Steroid Era and the Hall Question
- Brian Windhorst on Kent State and His First Gig
- Damon Stoudamire on the Jailblazers Era
- Troy Brown on Tom Brady, Bill Parcells, and Being Cut
- Ben Curtis on Finally Saying Goodbye to Golf
- Nick Lowery on Going From the Chiefs to the White House
- Beasley Reece on the Time Roger Staubach Got Sucker Punched
- Julie Heldman on Billie Jean King and Bipolar Disorder
- Brent Sopel on Taking the Cup to Pride and Battling Dyslexia
- Georges Laraque on Veganism and Entrepreneurship
- Todd Stottlemyre on His Dad and the Windbreaker Slide