Welcome to The Post Game, a podcast about the game after the game. On each episode, Kent State standout and the host of the program, Trevor Huffman, speaks with a former pro athlete about life after sports, transitioning to new careers and the stories of what happens after the lights go out.
On this special episode, ESPN’s Brian Windhorst joins the program to discuss what it was like covering Huffman’s Cinderella run to the Elite Eight, the different pathways the two men have taken since that season brought them together, and what happened to all of the other notable names from that Kent State team.
- Brian Windhorst and the Burden of Being a LeBron James Whisperer. New York Times.
- Meet the reporter who’s covered LeBron James since he was a high school player. Poynter.
- How LeBron James is Building His Empire in Cleveland. ESPN.
- What Keeps Adam Silver Up at Night. ESPN.
- Stories of LeBron and sportswriter intertwined, tangled. St. Petersburg Times.
- Plain Dealer reporters Mark Puente and Brian Windhorst win national awards for their work”. The Plain Dealer.
- Brian Windhorst says Kyrie Irving was ‘angry’ after winning 2016 title. Cavs Nation.
- Windhorst’s handbook for coaching LeBron James. ESPN.
- Brian Windhorst Discusses His New Book, ‘LeBron, Inc.:’. UPROXX.
- ‘LeBron’s championship this year is Space Jam’. 957 The Game.
- When LeBron learned the power of saying no. ESPN.
Additional Episodes of “The Post Game” Podcast:
- Pat Hentgen on the Steroid Era and the Hall Question
- Brian Windhorst on Kent State and His First Gig
- Damon Stoudamire on the Jailblazers Era
- Troy Brown on Tom Brady, Bill Parcells, and Being Cut
- Brian Bickell on Battling MS
- Clint Malarchuk on His Infamous Injury and His Suicide Attempt
- Ben Curtis on Finally Saying Goodbye to Golf
- Nick Lowery on Going From the Chiefs to the White House
- Beasley Reece on the Time Roger Staubach Got Sucker Punched
- Julie Heldman on Billie Jean King and Bipolar Disorder
- Brent Sopel on Taking the Cup to Pride and Battling Dyslexia
- Georges Laraque on Veganism and Entrepreneurship
- Todd Stottlemyre on His Dad and the Windbreaker Slide