Welcome to The Post Game, a podcast about the game after the game. On each episode, Kent State standout and the host of the program, Trevor Huffman, speaks with a former pro athlete about life after sports, transitioning to new careers and the stories of what happens after the lights go out.
On the latest episode of The Post Game podcast, former NHL enforcer Georges Laraque joins the program to speak about building a post-career business empire, healthy eating and veganism, his role with the Green Party of Canada, and what it was like stepping away from the game.
- A Gentleman Enforcer Turns His Focus to Haiti. New York Times.
- Ex-Canadien yearns for vegan food. Montreal Gazette.
- Georges Laraque ready for his next fight as a Green Party candidate. Maclean’s.
- Hockey Helps the Homeless raises $400K for Montreal organizations. Globalnews.ca.
- A Q&A with former Canadiens tough-guy. Montreal Gazette.
- Former Edmonton Oilers enforcer wins drag competition. Toronto Star.
- Former NHLer Georges Laraque calls for OHL boycott over racist taunts. CBC.ca.
- Georges Laraque calls Penguins’ White House visit ‘an embarrassment’. CBC.ca.
Additional Episodes of “The Post Game” Podcast:
- Pat Hentgen on the Steroid Era and the Hall Question
- Brian Windhorst on Kent State and His First Gig
- Damon Stoudamire on the Jailblazers Era
- Troy Brown on Tom Brady, Bill Parcells, and Being Cut
- Brian Bickell on Battling MS
- Clint Malarchuk on His Infamous Injury and His Suicide Attempt
- Ben Curtis on Finally Saying Goodbye to Golf
- Nick Lowery on Going From the Chiefs to the White House
- Beasley Reece on the Time Roger Staubach Got Sucker Punched
- Julie Heldman on Billie Jean King and Bipolar Disorder
- Brent Sopel on Taking the Cup to Pride and Battling Dyslexia
- Todd Stottlemyre on His Dad and the Windbreaker Slide