Welcome to The Post Game, a podcast about the game after the game. On each episode, Kent State standout and the host of the program, Trevor Huffman, speaks with a former pro athlete about life after sports, transitioning to new careers and the stories of what happens after the lights go out.
On this episode, former Major Leaguer and World Series Champ Todd Stottlemyre joins the program to talk about pursuing a career in finance, the impact of his father on him and his brother, his lifelong friendship with Pat Borders, the infamous windbreaker chin slide developing a mentality to help you succeed beyond sports.
Additional Reading About Todd Stottlemyre:
- Guess who’s coming to dinner? Todd Stottlemyre has a pitch for you. The Globe and Mail.
- Remember This? Stottlemyre’s infamous chin slide into 3rd. Sportsnet.
- Jays reunion brings back memories for Cito Gaston. Toronto Star.
- Todd Stottlemyre on his book ‘Relentless Success’. Bluebird Banter.
Additional Episodes of “The Post Game” Podcast:
- Pat Hentgen on the Steroid Era and the Hall Question
- Brian Windhorst on Kent State and His First Gig
- Damon Stoudamire on the Jailblazers Era
- Brian Bickell on Battling MS
- Clint Malarchuk on His Infamous Injury and His Suicide Attempt
- Ben Curtis on Finally Saying Goodbye to Golf
- Nick Lowery on Going From the Chiefs to the White House
- Beasley Reece on the Time Roger Staubach Got Sucker Punched
- Julie Heldman on Billie Jean King and Bipolar Disorder
- Brent Sopel on Taking the Cup to Pride and Battling Dyslexia
- Georges Laraque on Veganism and Entrepreneurship