On the first episode of ‘Forward Progress’, host Riley Evans speaks with trans athlete and advocate Chris Mosier about his transition, what it meant to compete in the red, white and blue, and how he’s pushing international athletic committees to change their policy to be more accommodating to trans athletes.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts
- Chris on his childhood and when he first realized he might be a trans man [2:27]
- On forgoing college sports and finding duathlon and triathlon [6:51]
- On coming to terms with his trans identity and eventually coming out publically [9:44]
- On being featured in a Nike commercial [16:00]
- Challenging the IOC’s transgender athlete policy [19:09]
- On public reaction to his presence in the sport [23:30]
- What it was like competing in the World Championships [24:50]
- TransAthlete.com [30:44]
- On regulations regarding trans people’s inclusion in sports [33:06]
- The challenges faced by non-binary athletes [39:13]
- On his various accolades and awards [42.57]
- On what’s next for Chris Mosier [46:38]
- Duathlete Chris Mosier on breaking barriers and repping Team USA. ESPN’s The Body. Issue.
- Triathlete Chris Mosier Joins Men of Team USA, Making Transgender Sports History. The Advocate.
- Mosier Is First Transgender Athlete in ESPN’s ‘Body Issue’. New York Times.
- Chris Mosier: The trans athlete making giant strides. CNN.
- On Making History as First Trans Member of Team USA. Rolling Stone.
- Nike casts its first transgender sports star. The Daily Mail.
- On Mentoring Young LGBTQ Athletes. The Atlantic.
- For the Love of Sports: An Interview with Chris Mosier. Metro Weekly.
- A Conversation with Chris Mosier, Team USA’s First Openly Trans Athlete. Esquire.
- Visibility for trans athletes is a powerful force for change. Outsports.
- CrossFit Games’ Decision To Recognize Transgender Athletes Is ‘Long Time In The Making’. Wisconsin Public Radio.
- Mosier talks Mack Beggs and trans youth participation policies in sports. ESPNW.
- Interview With Olympian Chris Mosier. The Social Justice Project.