On the latest episode of Forward Progress, we spoke with Ainka Jess, the founder of She’s4Sports, a digital and events network that brings together women to have a larger voice in sports. Our conversation covered why an organization like She’s4Sports needs to exist, the types of initiatives and issues they’re pursuing, and the problem of the sexualization of women’s sports.
Subscribe: Apple Podcasts
- 2:13 - Ainka on herself and the origins of She’s4Sports
- 6:48 - Organizational structure of She’s4Sports
- 9:00 - Why She’s4Sports started planning events
- 12:22 - Ainka on connecting with women who work in sports
- 16:59 - She’s4Sports digital content strategy
- 18:45 - Being the face of an organization
- 24:23 - The sexualization of women in sports
- 27:35 - Ainka on She’s4Sports advocating for active female athletes
- 30:54 - Ainka on how being a woman of colour impacts how she runs She’s4Sports
- 34:15 - How sports media organizations can be more welcoming for women.
- 38:20 - What does the future hold for She’s4Sports?
I will not be playing professional basketball this year. Players’ Tribune.